NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate for Children and Young People's Workforce ( England)
This qualification is designed to help learners build the knowledge and skills needed when working under supervision with children and young people from birth to 19 years of age. It covers a diverse range of job roles and occupational areas working in children’s settings including early years and social care.
This qualification will provide progression to the Early Learning and Childcare, Social Care and Learning Development and Support Services workforces.
This qualification is available for learners aged 16 and above and has no specific entry requirements, however you might consider taking your Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT.
To be awarded the NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Children and Young People Workforce learners must achieve a minimum of 35 credits.
A total of 29 credits will be achieved from the mandatory units.
- Unit 01 Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Unit 02 Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Unit 03 Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Unit 04 Child and young person development
- Unit 05 Contribute to the support of positive environments for children and young people
- Unit 06 Contribute to children and young people’s health and safety
- Unit 07 Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Unit 08 Understand partnership working in services for children and young people
- Unit 09 Contribute to the support of child and young person development
- Unit 10 Support children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Unit 11 Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
The remaining 6 credits will be achieved from the optional units.
The assessor and the learner choose the optional units considering the job description of the learner.
Assessment of the qualification
To achieve the NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Children and Young People Workforce, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the units as detailed in this qualification specification
The qualification assesses the knowledge and performance of the learner in the workplace.
The knowledge will be assessed with the help of questions and answers, case studies, discussions with the assessors, recognition of prior learning and other methods that might be to the advantage of the learner.
To assess the performance of the learner, a work placement is needed so the Assessor can conduct at least two observations for the learner. The learner might need to provide pieces of evidence produced in the workplace.
For the learner without a work placement we can assist them in finding one.
You can usually complete it in a year or less.
What are the progression opportunities?
This qualification can help find work as a:
- Assistant Pre-school Workers
- Assistant in Children's Centres
- Assistant in Day Nurseries,
- Nursery Schools and Nursery Classes
This qualification provides a direct progression route to the Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce as they share a number of units.
Prices including Functional Skills English and Maths Level 1 and Paediatric First Aid
With Functional skills Maths and English level 1
Without functional skills
Instalment plan: £50 first payment , and instalments between £50 and £100/ month, you decide.